It’s nearly a month since I return to the corporate world. I wrote about it before, a glimpse of what my daily life looks like now.
What I haven’t share with you is how exhausted I have been. Physically and mentally.
In the pursuit of finding a new job, starting the new job, getting work clothes ready, preparing my boy to the new routines, adjusting to my commute, settling into the new environment including new people…I neglect ME.
I get up very early in the morning around 4 AM daily, got myself ready, made breakfast and sometimes snack for my boy, got him up so he can move to my mother’s room then left for the train station. Having an arrangement with my boss that I will come in early and leave at 5 helps a lot because in all honesty, I prefer to do so. I get home somewhere between 6:30ish to 7 PM and totally completely exhausted by then.
Yes, I forgot to nurture ME the most important person that have to do all of the above and more. My days are long and because I’m running on pretty much adrenaline for nearly 1 whole month, my body started to react. Protesting loudly from being neglected.
I am running on empty…
And it’s only been a month.
Exhaustion became my middle name…
I became grumpy and just not happy…
It spilled over me eventually and it’s not pretty.
Time out…I need to Start Taking Care of Me
I need to nurture me and stop focusing so much on others right now. Yes, I have a lot of responsibilities at the moment but I realized I must take care of me. Floating through my days feeling exhausted and depleted all the time is completely not healthy. It is time to do what make Maureen happy. Search deep within me to find my peace, my joy and happiness again.
Getting back to that place where I feel happy, content and joyful again – something I’ve forgotten how to – is my highest priority right now. I’ve let myself go for many months now (maybe even over a year) and I feel so rotten deep inside but I lied to myself, pretending to be happy is exhausting.
I’m done pretending…I’m done putting myself on the very bottom of my priorities. I’m done feeling sorry for myself for not putting me first.
It’s a time for changing around here…and it will start with me! You just wait and see.
How bout you? Do you feel guilty putting yourself first? Don’t! It’s time to take care of ourselves first.
Come link up with Rina and I this week for free writing of anything related to wellness.
How to join us?
1. No more prompts! Write anything you wish that is related to wellness, fitness, health and wellbeing. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcome!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links (the more the better) and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them also would be great if you can help share other’s post through social media too. Rina and I will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Use the hashtag #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday.