Any mother of a toddler – well maybe all mothers – will know that we are constantly have to pick our battle when it comes to our children, right? Dealing with a very strong headed little boy who’s not even 4 – he’ll 4 soon enough on December. It’s a constant bargaining, tugging and bending… When it comes to pickin’ my battles I had surrender when it comes to these:
- Scenario: Bath times. Lil’ A: “Don’t wash my hair!” His Mommy: Sniffin’ on his curls if there’s no noticeable smells then the shampoo will be put back in the shelf.
- Upon going places, he will pick his own shoes and often times will pick his Thomas boots – even when it’s not raining outside. Even when he already picked on a spiderman t-shirt and a stripes short. Talk about fashion hit and run!
- When he wants to strip himself half naked because it’s too hot. Hey, who could blame him! I would do the same thing if it won’t be such a scary view!
- When he insisted that no one should touch his creation of block tower. What can I say, he’s an architect/engineer in the making!
- When he just wants to listen to his Toy Story from the DVD while he’s busy playing with his train. God only knows if that DVD player can scream it surely will. He just needs the sounds!
- When we went out to eat with relatives. One of them is slurping their noodle so the toddler thinks it’s fun to do the same. Breathe in-breathe out tried to ignore the sounds. Hey, besides you can’t correct it in-front of the perpetrator right?
- When he thinks it’s more fun to break that free crayon he got at a restaurant to pieces after he’s bored drawing. He made a mess but oh well…
These are just some that I can think of but there’s been plenty of backin’ down on my part that I failed to remember – blame mommy brain – but yeah, once in awhile it is definitely necessary to pick your own battles when it comes to toddlerhood.