Saw this fun bloggy prompt from Alison’s Writing Wishing blog and then saw it on Christine’s Love Life Surf. Looks like fun so here we go:
I mustache you some questions, my edition:
Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Mommy – or lately when he is in front of other people: Mom. Sigh! He is growing up too fast.
- Moyen – This is how my parents calls me sometimes because they said when I was little I couldn’t pronounce Maureen.
- Oyen – This is a short from Moyen and lots of my closest families and friends calls me this.
- Morin – I am used to this because people would mispronounce my name all the time and call me this. Also mostly seen on Starbucks cups like this one
Four jobs I have had (not counting any current jobs):
- Part time radio DJ – this was so much fun!
- Sales Promotion Girl
- Reservation officer in a hotel
- Working retail at Crossgate Mall, Albany, NY as my first ever US job. It was memorable.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once
- My Best Friend’s Wedding
- Gone With The Wind
Four books I’d recommend
- I Am Malala – Malala Yousafzah
- Black and White | The Way I See It – Richard Williams
- The Top Five Regrets of the Dying – Bronnie Ware
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom – Christiane Northrup, M.D.
Four places I have lived
- Sangatta, East Borneo, Indonesia, where we used to see wild orangutans playing in the nearby forest clearly visible from our front porch.
- Latham, New York, where I realized the snow is so much more prettier when you look at it from inside a warm room while drinking hot chocolate.
- Dothan, Alabama, a little town in the middle of nowhere, a place where I became a mom nearly 8 years ago.
- Guangzhou, China, where I learned more about culture shock.
Four places I have been
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Fort Pierce, Florida
- Bangkok, Thailand
Four places I’d rather be right now
- Back in Tanjung Bira this time to stay longer.
- Somewhere cooler…we are officially in rainy season here in Indonesia but with 100% humidity level, not fun.
- Ora Beach, Ambon – I am half Ambonese but I haven’t been there so it’s such a great longing to visit and explore Ambon.
Four things I don’t eat
- Dog meat
- Any soy products – thank you uterine fibroids!
- Fruits – I am limiting my fruit intake to completely nothing lately, again…uterine fibroids feeds off of sugar. Royally sucks because I love fruits and mango season is in full swing.
Four of my favorite foods
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, etc)
- Makassar style noodles – so good so bad for you!
- Durian! Yes, the stinky fruit.
Four TV shows that I watch
- Orange is The New Black
- Ellen Show
- Fashion Bloggers
- Nothing else really, I barely watch TV
Four things I am looking forward to this year
- My boy turning 8 next month. He will be with his Dad on his birthday but I’m really looking forward to celebrate his birthday in school with his classmates.
- Every times spent with my fiancé.
- Christmas with my family.
- Getting back to eating healthy and working out.
Four things I’m always saying
- “Eat with your fork/spoon!”
- “Don’t forget to borrow library books.”
- “Onward and forward…”
- “Have fun in school!”
What’s your answers to these?