I have been meaning to join Janine and Mackenzie for their brand new linky party called Friday Reflections since they first started but life has been absolutely crazy busy lately on my end that the first thing that fell through is blogging…
So here goes, ladies!
5 Things I’m Grateful For This Week
1. A new job! Woohoo! I am still stoked about the new job I just scored like I mentioned on this week’s Wellness Wednesday post. I will start on Monday. After a year out of the corporate world, to return to one leave me nervous, anxious yet happy and pumped at the same time. I am so ready for this new journey!
2. School break! What a perfect timing for my son to have his midterm break from school after a week of exams. Perfect timing because it means I get a week to spend and to devote to him before I return to be a working mom. We discussed about this and he had a little breakdown over the fact that his mom is well, going back to work. I had to explain to him that I am doing this because I love him so much and I need to provide for him. It breaks my heart but I know I am doing the right thing. He and I will be more than fine, we just both need to adjust ourselves with some new routines. Please wish us both luck!
3. Sisterhood of Red Lipsticks! No, I meant sisterhood of Single Moms Indonesia but yes, we have been really digging the red lipsticks thanks to one girl – Opi we love you! Having a safe place where we accept one another for who we truly are. Judgement free zone. To have a safe haven where we can freely shares our thoughts, worries, fears, dreams, wishes. I just feel so blessed! Last Sunday I got to introduced my mother to some of the ladies and I felt a sense of accomplishment coming from her. She doesn’t know about the small community I started until then. She didn’t have to say anything but from how she interacts with my friends I can tell, she’s pretty darn proud of her daughter!
4. This stubborn cold! I have a lot on my mind lately…too much I think that my immunity has been dropping like crazy. Remember I had a cold last month? Well, the cold feels like it’s gone but it still left me with a runny nose that linger to this very day. Sucks big time! I resorted to pay a visit to the doctor something I haven’t do in awhile. Let’s hope it will clear out by Monday.I’m thankful fro this lingering darn cold because it slapped me awake that I need to really take better care of myself from the inside out.
5. New job perks. Yes, I haven’t start the job just yet but one of the offered perks is they will let me use the gym on site. If you know me, you will know how important the gym is for me. This is just what I needed to boost my motivations to get back to working out and eating healthy again.
How bout you? What are you thankful for this week? Come link up with Janine and Mac!