Late last March I received an invitation to join Johnson’s Asia Baby Care Circle (ABC Circle)
Asia Baby Care Circle
What is Asia Baby Care Circle
Asia Baby Care Circle (ABC) is a community created by Johnson’s and they have chosen some of the best bloggers in Asia to join. It was an honor to be chosen as one of the Top 20 digital creators from across Asia including Japan, Korea, India, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia. Me and Astrid Satwika was chosen to represent Indonesia. Again, a huge honor. Thank you, Johnson’s!
Why Johnson’s created ABC Circle?
Johnson’s envisions the ABC Circle to be a place for open dialogue between digital creators and the brand, as well as to provide exclusive access to the industry’s newest innovations and programs, aimed at delivering only the best for your little ones. ABC Circle members are helping Johnson’s to pioneer a unique, nurturing community where parents can share concerns and tips, learn from each other and the region’s industry experts on baby care, and pass on the newfound knowledge to friends and followers alike.
As mothers, we all have different opinions and unique voices and through ABC Circle, Johnson’s are all ears.
What Do We Do at ABC Circle?
The first regional kick-off event was held in Shanghai, China last April 2016. All of ABC Circle members were flown to Shanghai, yours truly included.
I have to be completely honest with you, my dear readers that I am well aware of the rumors and lawsuit Johnson’s baby is facing in America. Yes, there are plenty of rumors flying around the lawsuit. Some mothers swore their baby off of any Johnson’s products from the cancer panic. Yet I decided to join ABC Circle and attended the event in Shanghai. Why? Because you truly cannot judge something until you investigate the stories in details, until you get all the facts straight and I thought what better way to get to know more than to go to the kick-off event.
In Shanghai, the topic of the lawsuit was immediately addressed by Johnson’s Senior Director Communication & Public Affairs, Asia Pacific. I was genuinely impressed that there is no PR stunt to divert the questions everyone was eager to ask. There was no “US versus Them” mentality. What we received were facts and explanations of how the class action lawsuit came to start. We got access to read studies shown that there is no scientific proof that the baby talc caused ovarian cancer. After a lengthy discussion of this hot topic, I came to a conclusion that cancer can happen to anyone. There are numerous external or internal factors that may cause someone to develop cancer. What we consume also plays a far greater risk to cause cancer than baby talc. Please do your own researches then decide yourself.
In the two days event in Shanghai, we visited the Johnson & Johnson Emerging Markets Innovation Center (EMIC) and Liquids Plant, where the science of baby came alive.
In the EMIC, the tour began in the mixing lab where formula prototypes are first created and refined by expert formulators. As we explored the sensory and clinical labs, the J&J Scientists demonstrated how new formula candidates go through some of the key stages of evaluation and testing. Rounding out the tour of Johnson’s quality and safety-focused product innovation process, we were given exclusive access to the center’s stability and packaging testing rooms where the J&J scientists shed light on the rigorous testing processes for every single product.
We did some exciting scientific experiments, where we not only put Johnson’s formulations to the test, but to also learn more about how delicate baby skin can be, and why it requires special care. The hands-on experience allowed us to discover the science behind each Johnson’s product through a point of view of us moms. We had the opportunity to get up-close and personal with expert scientists who allow everyone to ask anything. No question is too much to ask.
I came home with newfound respect for Johnson’s.
As the year come close to an end, I can honestly say my experience collaborating with Johnson’s through ABC Circle has been nothing but amazing! Truly one of the best highlights of 2016 and for that, I am extremely grateful.
What I Love The Most About Being with ABC Circle
- Authentic content creation. There are no strict forced content guidelines whenever they ask my opinion on their products. No forced Press Releases that must follow to the dot. In other words, they give me the freedom to create my blog posts. They just want to hear my genuine voice and that, my friends, is what setting this brand apart from any other brand. If anything, Johnson’s is the best brand I have ever collaborated with. I absolutely love that about Johnson’s and their team.
- Having early access to Johnson’s newest products such as the Shiny Drops aligned with their launching time in Indonesia.
- Networking! Forming new friendship with the other moms from ABC Circle is an added bonus. Special shoutout to my treasure hunt partner, Garima! Let me share with you one of the most unforgettable moment from the ABC Circle kick-off event in Shanghai. On our last evening, en-route to the farewell dinner, I realized that one of the ABC Circle ladies is actually someone I have ‘met’ online several years back! Our path has crossed on the blogosphere before and it was a pure sweet surprise to meet Vidya there. We hugged like long lost friends. ABC Circle did that!
- They actually listen to our feedbacks as moms and users of the baby products. How cool is that?!
- Access to ask their experts any questions related to the baby care or baby products. This is the benefit that I haven’t completely utilized just yet as my son is no longer a baby. He uses Johnson’s Active Fresh line – which I absolutely love btw – but it is really great to know that my other friends from ABC Circle with babies can have help from the experts.
Again, I am proud to be a member of ABC Circle and I wish this community plenty of expansions and successful growth in the coming years ahead. Thank you Johnson’s!