Forewarning: This entry is created for entertainment purposes only. If you are easily offended, feel free to close the window or browse along other topics.
After observing some of the fashion trends in Jakarta, I had an idea to put up a list of things you should not try to pull (with some exceptions of course!) in Jakarta.
- SKINNY JEANS: Dudes, please do not try to pull the skinny jeans style if you don’t have the built for it. Unless you are a rock star with mile long legs, seeing an average Joe wearing one is just wrong and there is probably only 10% of the population that can wear skinny jeans.
- CROCS: Yeah, they look cute on babies and toddlers but when you’re old nothing screams more like a red-neck than a pair of crocks! Also crocs turned to be dangerous because it could get easily got caught on the escalator!
- HEAVY COATS & BOOTS: Uhm…unless you want to attempt a heat stroke (or a stinky feet if you’re just wearing the boots!), feel free to look completely out of this planet wearing one in Jakarta.
- SHORTS/HOT PANTS: If you have chunky thighs do not wander in the malls wearing a very short short, safe it for the comfort of your own place and save others from feeling nauseated.
- MINI SKIRTS: Leave the mini for nicely sculpted legs!
- VISIBLE PANTY LINES: Oh yuck, girls…have you ever heard of thongs or seamless panty ? Better investing in one (or two)! Showing the world your panty lines especially if you’re wearing super tight pants (not white! Eeek!) is just a big NO NO!
- SCARFS: Unless you are riding a Harley or an ojek (or traveling on a jet plane), or working in a really cold office spaces, wearing one in the heat of Jakarta is simply ridiculous!