Indonesians in general are very friendly people. However our friendliness usually comes with small talks and boy, do we love them!
Here are the common things people in Indonesia will ask you once they: either see you have a mix children or downright see your foreign husband:
- Is this your son? — Uhm, no the hospital just handed him out to us to raise!
- Where is your husband is from? — Still planet earth!
- What does he do? —Yes, they like to know!
- Usually the above question will be followed by the “Ah, how wonderful! He must be rich!” — Uhm, we don’t have a money tree growing in the backyard!
- How did you meet your husband? — Wish he come from a catalog then I can do a return 😉
- Why don’t you have more kids, maybe you’ll be lucky to have a girl! — If you want to take my place staying in bed for a month (at least)!
There are of course many variations to the above ‘questions’ but you’ll eventually get used to them although it can be annoying sometimes. Don’t even try to start bargaining with your foreign husband around!