“I hope you guys won’t kill each other after a few days!”
That’s just one of the doubtful lines I’ve heard about my getaway with Dan to a romantic secluded place. And to that, I can now smile and said we had the best times of our lives together.
Even before we went on our getaway, I knew we will have a great time together, it’s our time to be alone. To get to know each other more deeply.
Between snorkeling and admiring the beautiful paradise we were staying at, we had plenty of heart to heart talks. Being secluded was just what our hearts needed.
We came there with love and we left with a higher level of understanding, compassion and deeper bond between us. Is it possible for our love to grow that much deeper in mere 5 days?
It sure did!
Here are some tips to make the most out of your getaway times together:
- Talk from the heart & Set Some “House Rules”: There’s just something so different about talking on Skype or FaceTime that just wouldn’t do talking face to face justice. If you’ve ever been on a long distance relationship, you’ll know how much that means. The ability to look deep into your partner’s eyes and see things that only your heart recognize is just priceless. Being able to open up in such a way that it feels like your heart was doing all the talking? Precious! We also talked about how we both would deal with conflicts. Coming from two different backgrounds plus me being a single mom, we will face challenges like every other relationship would. Agreed that we will always work together to resolves any conflicts that comes our way. We would always resort to that one thing that brought us together…our love. That we would always make time for US, to nurture our relationship no matter how busy we both gets. This is a great opportunity to have some kind of “House Rules” for our relationship.
- Get active: If that’s what you both enjoy, of course. We both enjoys being active. We even managed to do some core workout together that left my stomach feeling sore for 2 days! We love walks on the beach. We both enjoy kayaking and just being active together. This is a great opportunity for us and we both realized how lucky we both are to enjoy it. Through learning to snorkel properly, I got to really see and recognize what a loving and patience man, Dan really is. Seeing how he fret over my dead coral scratched thighs, made me realize how much he care for me.
- Don’t be afraid to show the real you! Ladies, come on…this one is for you! When you’re going to be within that close proximity with your man, then it’s time to get totally up close and personal doesn’t it? We tried so hard to be ladylike sometimes that a fart can be so embarrassing! Dude, you still have to use the bathroom anyway! Relax and just enjoy your time together.
- Squeeze some alone time. Yes. This doesn’t mean you don’t love your partner. Dan actually encouraged me to do this and allows me to check on Instagram or my Facebook Page – whenever we have a service which was rare – he understands as much as I enjoyed our getaway, I am still a blogger. The point is, we both still have to do some things on our own.
- Be flexible. As much as you like to plan things, sometimes they well uhm just didn’t go as planned, right? This is when you need to be flexible and just go with the flow.
The main point is, you and your partner are doing this getaway to enjoy your time together, to have a great time and to reconnect. So go with the flow and have fun
Do you have any other tips to add or share you most memorable romantic getaway stories in the comment box below.