Just like there is no sick leave from motherhood, there is also no sick leave for a broken heart. Sigh.
I’ve been both and the first thing that got neglected? The blog of course, focusing on getting rid of this lingering cold, focusing on finding a new job, focusing on healing me while still being a fully functioning single mom? Yes, my hands are so full.
While I have reasons to be sad, to hate the world I deliberately choose this prompt for this week’s Wellness Wednesday because I know counting my blessings always leave me feeling much better.
10 Things I’m Grateful For
- My boy who seems to be gaining more wisdom in weeks. No longer do I have to raise my voice to get him to do homework. But when my tired self got home yesterday and he claimed he has done his homework after school and asked if he could go outside and play with the neighbor’s kid? How can my mama heart not get swollen with love and pride?
- “You will pass the test Mommy. Just give it your best.” My words were projected back to me by my 8 years old. I’m having some tests as part of my job hunting process and I am so grateful for this boy who keeps me going.
- For wet little kisses from my little niece who happily wobbled her way to me with big smile and eyes full of joy whenever she sees me. Love having her around!
- Single Moms Indonesia ladies. We shared tears, joys, happiness, we bound together during hard times and cheer each other for victories big or small. I just love them!
- Quiet times where I can sit with myself. Have internal dialogue with me. Examine how I feel. Acknowledge and allowing the pain I am going through. Giving me much tender care. In a way it’s almost like a gift to myself to be able to be alone and be absolutely okay.
- My fellow Pisces friends. I don’t know what this is all about but for the past year or two I have been surrounded by Pisces friends which are so awesome! Soul sisters!
- Opportunities…I am still looking for the right job but some doors of opportunities are already opened for me and for that I am so grateful. Out of professionalism, I will not mention it here but some of my options seem very promising. So I pray and wish hard that it will lead me to a career that can provide a better life for me and my boy.
- Friends who reach out to me not because they want to know the details of my love life but because they care. Life has weeded out the not so good friendships for me on my behalf and I couldn’t be more contented to be able to recognize these people and move past them. Life also rewards me and revealed true real friends. Thank you, friends you know who you are!
- Words…I may not post as much on the blog but my words has help me through a lot of sadness, pain and help me grow. Writing is therapeutic.
- Wellness Wednesday! Doing this linky party with Rina has been amahzing! I get to know some really truly inspiring people, learned about nutrition, about health from them. It is the connection made that is truly precious. Thank you for joining us every week!
Will join us this week?
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 25 FEBRUARY 2015:
- Describe a day of your normal meals
- What tips for healthy eating would you give to someone interested in changing his or her diet?
- My top exercises for __________.
- 10 things to be thankful for this week
- Outdoor or indoor exercise? Why?
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 4 MARCH 2015:
- A story of your dream vacation
- What are some unexpected benefits of a healthy lifestyle you discovered?
- Your favorite salad recipe
- Running: 5K, Half Marathon, Marathon? Share the experience.
- Move it! Share your favorite workout(s)
How to join us?
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcomed!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them. Rina and I will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Use the hashtag #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday.
Join our newsletter and grab our button too!