How many times have I stood in front of the mirror and tear my body apart? One imperfection at a time.
Tummy too soft…
Look at those pudgy thighs…
In split seconds I could bitched about my body like a champion.
Then two years ago I found Dr. Christiane Northrup and her amazing works. I even purchased her book also downloaded her Women’s Wisdom Perpetual Calendar and they became like a bible to me and I strongly recommend it to all women.
I am trying to get fit again and instead of wallowing in what I hate about myself, listing what I LOVE about myself might help me change the way I think and feel.
Why I love my body:
- I am still able to lift things around the house easily. I can pick up a gallon of bottled water and put it on the water dispenser machine at home with ease. They are roughly 19kg (41lbs) heavy with 19 liters of water in them.
- I can carry lots of groceries bag in one go!
- I have two strong legs that allow me to squat deep and low – ass to grass you say?
- When my son was little although I was overweight, I considered myself to be strong as I lugged around a stroller – a baby – a suitcase and a backpack on our travels.
- I now love my wide shoulder and I love working on my shoulder at the gym. I used to hate them growing up because it makes me look a bigger. People used to call it a swimmer’s shoulder, funny because I’m not much of a swimmer.
- I love my strong arms. They are the first part of my body that shows signs of differences when I actively workout.
- Although I have been keeping my squat off my gym routines for now, thanks to all those squats, my behind still shows how awesome those squats are to our back side. So ladies, get your squat (and deadlift) on!
- I may not look as fit as I was two years ago but I still have the muscles memories that still surprised me at the gym at times. Thank you, muscles!
- My body is one of a fighter. I may have stretch marks from carrying my son to 35 weeks instead of full term 40 but it did what it had to do in times of emergency. My milk came out despite having an emergency c-section can often lead your body to a total shock thinking the baby died and dried up your milk if you didn’t pump right away. I didn’t even know about this until the nurse told me!
- Realizing my body was made perfectly for me lift off such a huge burden of fitting into what the society dictates me. Accepting that I will never be tiny petite like some of my friends are has allowed me to focus on other things that my body can actually do. It allows me to love my body just as I was created. Perfectly in the eyes of my creator.
How about you? Do you love yourself?
This week, Rina is offering you an awesome FREEBIE, people! Look at these cute thing!
Want to have your own Wellness Planner 2015? Then link up with us, then you will receive it in your inbox. Easy right?
Feel free to choose from one of these prompts below, write your blog then link up with us.
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 21st JANUARY 2015:
- Funny story from the gym
- Challenges of creating new healthy changes
- Why I love my body
- What do you think about detox? Share your experience
- Gym routine do’s and don’ts
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 28th JANUARY 2015:
- Are you a diet queen? Tell us about it if you are or not.
- That moment when you were hurt so bad emotionally. How did you heal yourself?
- 5 healthy food that you crave all the time
- Tell us about your morning routine
- What is your favorite workout DVD program(s) or workout YouTube channel?
How to join us?
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcomed!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them. Rina and I will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Use the hashtag #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday.
Grab our button too and subscribe even better!