Welcome to the 12th week of Wellness Wednesday, lovelies!
I’m writing the draft of this post from work – at lunch break of course! Currently on day 3 in my new job so I’m still learning a lot of new things and trying to settle into my new routines.
Prompt no 5 was what I really wanted to pick but I will have to go with an easier one this week.
Being a mom, a single mom and now a working full time single mom… Me time is crucial!
I learned awhile ago that I simply cannot do everything on my own and when my “tank” is blinking low…I just can’t function the way I suppose to.
In came Me Time, and personally it doesn’t take a fancy spa treatments (although a spa would totally be heaven right now!) to recharge. To refuel. To get centered again. Even a few minutes a day really helps and here’s what works for me:
1. Music. I need to listen to relaxing music at least once a day. Usually before bed too. Now, I can safely say I am able to enjoy music whenever and wherever I need to. Be it in my crazy morning commute, standing inside a choked full of train swaying as the carriage headed down town. I just close my eyes. Ear buds in, music playing. Crazy I know but it allows me to not getting so caught up in the uncomfortable moments of being in a scene that looks like this.
2. Working out. Sweating in the gym is my me time. Lifting, yoga, even walking on the treadmill is my favorite me time. One I hope I could get back into once everything is settled here with my new job. The office have a gym that I can use so I am so excited about that!
3. Writing. Yes, putting my thoughts and feelings into words are not only therapeutic but also serves as a precious me time.
4. Coffee/tea…paired up with music and writing? Perfect combo!
5. Times spent with friends. Having friends that you can really connect to is not only healthy but also important for your soul. I love my girl friends and hanging out with them, laughing and just being me really helps me staying sane.
So there you go!
Will you join Rina and I this week?
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 25 MARCH 2015:
- When do you workout? Morning, Afternoon, Evening?
- The best advice about fitness/health that you’ve ever received
- Cheat meals recipe. Share your fave with us.
- Me time. Describe it.
- There’s an app for that…What’s your favorite wellness/healthy living/fitness apps?
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 1 APRIL 2015:
- Tell us about your favorite restaurant that offer your favorite wellness menu.
- Your choice of portable exercise gear that you can bring to work or anywhere else.
- Funny story you have with doctor visit experience.
- What is happiness?
- Your secret remedy for muscle soreness?
How to join us?
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcome!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links (the more the better) and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them also would be great if you can help share other’s post through social media too. Rina and I will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Use the hashtag #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday.
Join our newsletter and grab our button too!