The girl who cried in yoga class
Yes, that would be me, yours truly.
The session was hard. I took front row so I could see the instructor better. It was great fun too because she is her lively bubbly self, the instructor. She’s one of my favorite instructors.
She assisted me when we did deep forward bending by getting me an extra block. So I had two blocks standing upright in front of my mat. I bent down just enough until I can feel it on my hamstrings and the tip of my fingers lightly touches the blocks.
It was tough…the moves were a little different from the last time I did hot yoga.
Coming to the end of the 90 minutes, I lay there on the mat with a towel over my eyes. All lights are off. Gentle soothing music was faintly in the background. I knew I needed that towel.
I inhale slowly…
“This is so so hard…” I’m sure that was my heart.
I exhale slowly…
“Let it go…” It was my brain that talks. And tears started flowing. Down the side of my face before the towel catches them.
I inhale deeper…
My body feels heavy…burdened.
It clings to the dreams that built over time. It refused to let go.
I exhale softly…
“Let it go…” This time it was my soul that speaks.
“You cannot control the future for all that you have is now…this moment…”
The tears flow more freely now. I was surprised I didn’t end up sobbing right then and there.
But there is a small peace that ignited inside me in those 15 minutes of solitude.
Peace in realizing I can’t control the future. I can plan for it but other than that I really don’t have 100% control. I can choose to cling to my dreams refusing to let everything takes its own course or I could choose to let the universe unfolds itself and accepting, trusting that it will all be alright. Trust in the process no matter how much discomfort it brings.
[Tweet “Your inner light shines when you are at #peace with yourself #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday”]
There is renewed hope and faith interlaced within me. I need to grow that small peace in my heart that I discovered tonight so I can return to it time to time again when I needed it most. To let that sense of peace surround me wholly.
I had cried myself blindly for two days before I went to class. My eyes were still puffy when I walked into the yoga studio that night. There was a big lump in my throat and I just wanted to escape the emotional pain.
Instead, I discovered my inner peace. On the mat. I was that girl who cried in her yoga class and I am proud of it.
I picked prompt No. 2 from this week for our Wellness Wednesday: Inner peace, describe them.
Welcome to week 2, good people! Rina from CuteCoconut and I are so very excited and can’t wait to read your posts. We got some really inspiring posts from our first week. Want to know which was our favorite? Sign up for our newsletter then we will email you the prompts along with our favorite picks weekly.
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 14TH JANUARY 2015:
- Do you meditate? What do you think of meditation?
- Inner peace, describe them
- Share your healthy living goals
- What’s your favorite workout song(s)?
- What’s inside your gym bag?
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 21st JANUARY 2015:
- Funny story from the gym
- Challenges of creating new healthy changes
- Why I love my body
- What do you think about detox? Share your experience
- Gym routine do’s and don’ts
How to join us?
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcomed!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them. Rina and I will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Use the hashtag #WellnessWednesday #gowellnessday.
Grab our button too!