Sian over at Pumpkin and Piglet gave me this beautiful blog award and I am stoked! Thank you, Sian!
Although my blog still have some kinks to straighten out after moving from one hosting company to another with the help of brilliant Sharon, I am so surprised that Sian gave me such an award!
The rules are I suppose to share 7 facts about myself then pass the award to 15 others blogger so here goes my 7 list:
- I love roller coaster – and now I know where my son got his thrill seeking taste from. In High School after final graduation exams, my whole class went to an amusement park here in Jakarta and I won a bet of who can ride the roller coaster the most – I was the only girl who joined in the bet!
- We once lost everything and I mean everything in a fire. It was in 1992 – at the crack of dawn I was woken up by my brother screaming “Hurry…hurry” bleary eyed I opened my bedroom door just thinking “Oh darn it I’m late for school!” since it was Saturday (yes we Indonesians goes to school 6 days a week!) and my mom had that day off from work she must be overslept! My dad yelled at me to go grab my mom’s jewelry box from their room – both front & back door was open and it was still dark outside. It was blurry for the most part as it happened so fast. Our house got burnt down to the ground in mere minutes. That was the first time I ever seen my dad cried when he hold me as I watched in horror how the fire swallowed everything from a neighbor’s house, all our precious memories gone in an instant. Luckily it was a company’s house so they were quick to arranged a new house for us, donations were pouring in, we were dressed in used clothes that people donated but it was the fact that we lost all our pictures and little keepsakes from the past that made me so sad. We were blessed tho’ that none of us get hurts! Miraculous thing also happened – my old small bible was on top of a bedside table and later a fireman found it sitting on the floor right where the table used to be. It was completely untouched by the fire while my whole room got burnt to the ground! My grandpa sent out that bible to a museum somewhere.
- I have a cousin who died in a tragic horrible motorbike accident years ago that’s why I can’t stand watching kids who race on their motorbikes thinking they have 9 lives!
- I once dated a tenant when I was still working at my old job – at an apartment, of course there are no written rules about it but you know what I mean! The sneaking around were the best parts really – the guy wasn’t that great LOL!
- From Junior High to High School I used to have a pen-pal from Kamloops B.C – Canada. We lost contacts but I still sometimes wonder how she’s doing so Nicole Mercier, if you read this…I would love to get back in touch with you!
- I have too many nicknames! My parents calls me Moyen apparently I ‘baptized’ myself with this name when I was little because pronouncing Maureen was too hard! To close friends and DH I’m simply Oyen. While to some of my gaming (read: Yoville) friends I’m either Tatter or Mo! Feel free to call me with one of these names LOL
- Loves the stinky fruit of Durian!
Okay, next I’ll pass this award to these amazing bloggers bellow:
Sharon at Good, True and Beautiful
Gigi at Kludgy Mom
Crystal at Wanna Be Balanced Mom
Kate at Mommy Monologues
Dhi at Hopscotch Baby
Heather at Gerber Days
Melissa at Miel et Lait
Alyse at Sushiecookie