Saw this Reverse Bucket List on Alison’s blog and it’s such a fun idea, a spin of the famous Bucket List, I decided to join the fun and link up with Angela from Happy Fit Mama.
Instead of listing the things you wanted to do, Reverse Bucket List will list the things that you’ve done in your life. What a great way to count your blessings, right?
So ladies (and gents) here are mine, all 35 of them:
- Despite being in Indonesia, I rode the yellow big school bus when I was little.
- Seeing baby orangutans and their mama (or papa?) swaying and playing around from our balcony. Yes, they were our neighbors many years ago.
- Having wild monkeys came up to our backyard in Borneo.
- Survived a 3 days road trip with the whole family, slept by the side of the road under the blanket of millions of stars in the middle of no where.
- Left home at an early age. From the deep jungle of Borneo to Jakarta for High School.
- Survived college years and all it’s drama.
- Went white water rafting and loved it. Unfortunately I don’t have the pictures, just a little small certificate that says I did it. Hah! Bummer!
- Worked and lived on my own since graduated high school.
- Went for a job interview in Bali – all expenses paid – didn’t get the job but hey, I got a free weekend getaway alone in Bali.
- Set foot in United States of America alone and started a life in a foreign land.
- I managed to keep my baby inside me up to 35 weeks after being diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. He was born prematurely.
- Took care of the preemie baby alone with the ex’s help without any nannies/babysitter/family member up until he’s 2 years old.
- Drove – well it was my friend who drove – from Dothan, AL to Houston, TX with a baby and a toddler in tow. Yeah, we were crazy moms!
- Flew internationally several times alone with my boy.
- Survived being lost in translations in China for a couple of months.
- I lost about 50lbs and has managed to keep it off for over 3 years now, no diet pills, no crashed diets, no magic pills just ole’ hard work and sweats also eating healthy.
- Was mistaken for 23 years old at the gym! One of the best moments ever.
- Took my boy to the concert of his life in Singapore, The Wiggles and he shook hands with the red wiggles: Murray.
- Getting a job again to rebuild my life after years of being a stay at home mom.
- Won second place a photo contest that sent me, my brothers and my boy to Bangkok for free where we were treated like VIP guests.
- Seeing Krakatoa Mountain up-close – although I couldn’t hike up because of my flaring herniated discs.
- Worked from home for a little while.
- Won free tickets to see Il Divo live in concert and had eargasms.
- Been blogging since 2001, that’s 13 years! Holy-long-time-Batman!
- Being part of amazing women writers of World Moms Blog. Such an amazing community of women.
- Quit smoking after +13 years!
- Building some booty – believe me those squats they work!
- Finding and meeting my true love, I love you, D!
- Flew to Melbourne, Australia for the first time ever to meet him, my sweet sexy man.
- Growing more and more deeply in love with all of me, the real woman inside me.
- Becoming an Auntie for the first time. My little niece will call me Mama later not Auntie. It’s part of the tradition in our family.
- Went on a romantic getaway to Lombok with my man.
- Trying anti-gravity yoga and loving it.
- Being a memory keeper for my late grandma’s old photographs dated as far as 1930’s. Precious.
- Being able to tell my 20’s something years old self that life after 30s is actually pretty awesome!
What’s your Reverse Bucket List?