I’m no expert and in my less-than-a-year love affair with iPhone, I had fallen madly in love with the many applications specifically geared for photography lover. The new word iPhonography lured me in, although quality wisely, there’s no beating DSLR camera. Still, these apps are lovely and fun to use.
Showcasing photos has never been easier with Instagram (psst, did you know you can use Webstagram to view Instagram pictures?) and the below Apps comes in handy when it comes to editing and post-processing.
- Camera+ – $0.99: I always use this App to bring the clarity of a photo out before using other apps to do more editing. It’s user friendly and you get some pretty cool effects that I often use. Their borders collection are pretty neat as well.
- Filterstorm– $1.99: This App rocks because of it’s more advanced ways to edit your photos taken by iPhone. I am still a novice but loving the ability to play around with Hue/Saturation (with or without layers) and so much more. Most of all I love this App’s clone function. I had successfully wiped out some unwanted items from my picture by using the clone stamp. The Straighten function is also neat for some crooked photos.
- PhotoForge2– $0.99: This one ties with Filterstorm in my book. It’s totally an awesome App to enhance your photos further than using the pre-made filters. You can do so much with this App and I love the Channel Mixer, Exposure Adjustment and more. Certainly so much to offer in one package. I will have to learn more about using the Layers feature.
- iCamera HDR – $0.99: This App made me fell in love with HDR photography. It’s so easy to use and so fun to customize your photo. The only drawback is you will need a steady hands to get a good picture. But overall, great user friendly App. Of course you can load your photos from your Library and turn them HDR but I personally thinks it’s better to use the capture mode and start with a good HDR basic then go from that.
- PictureShow– $1.99: This is a fun app for iPhoneographer as it have various toy camera a sample:
- Hipstamastic – $1.99: One of the legend! This retro App really is a must have. The fun lenses, films and flashes they have makes you think you’re shooting real camera – well almost as real! The results are so unique.
- iWatermark – $0.99: Pretty cool App to add some writing or watermarking your photos.
- LensFlare – $0.99: How bout adding some nice flares to your picture or some bokeh-look-a-alike flares? This app can do just that easily.
- TiltShift– $1.99: Tilt Shift is super cool. You can easily creates a miniature things by using this app. Not only that, you can play around with the lights, colors, etc to create something really unique.
- PhotoShake!– $1.99: Shaking your phone to edit some pictures never been so much fun. Aside from the shaking, this app have some of the best photo frames available. Not only that you can also do some minor color enhancing to the photos and creates pretty cool collage.
If you love taking pictures with your iPhone, what’s your favorite Apps?