It’s been nearly 4 months since I’ve been changing my lifestyle. Emphasis on lifestyle change please, not diet. I hate that word now. Diet…yuck!
Physically I feel stronger and better than I’ve ever been. My energy levels are sky rocketing since I feel I am in a better shape.
For the fun of it, here are some not-so-little reasons why I love being fit
- To be able to do a strong squat down over those nasty public toilet seats. I’m a bit of a germ phobia when it comes to public toilet, especially here in Indonesia where some of them are just absolutely nasty. Being able to squat and hover above them without feeling like you’re going to fall and smack your face to the wet floor feels hella good, I tell ya!
- Groceries made easy. Now, I chose to use handheld shopping basket. Before, whenever I try to do this, I’d be out of breath after two isles down. Now, I can fill the basket up and walk without panting like an old bulldog. Don’t forget to be able to carry several shopping bags all at one, dude!
- To be able to place some heavy dumbbells sets on the cashier’s desk and see the total awe in those girls faces. Some asked me “Are you strong enough to carry them out the store?” as they struggle to pick them up, got it scanned and packed. With a wink I usually told them “Watch me!” and sashaying my way out.
- To eat some sinfully delicious cake on the weekend – something I usually avoid altogether before and thinking. “Meh, I’ll burn the suckers down with my workout tomorrow!” and enjoy every bit of those deliciousness.
- To be able to use my 50 pounds boy as a weight. He loves it and thinks I’m roughhousing him plus he totally love his now stronger mommy. Please note, no child has been harm during this playful act of ‘exercise’. Or how he sometimes told me to flex my arms and shows some guns in front of his uncles.
Being fit really is fun and I am lovin’ it big time. Can’t you tell?