photo credit: The-Lane-Team
You, yes you companies especially the ones in Indonesia should starts hiring more moms into your workforce. Why? Here are some of the reasons why:
- Multitasking: Being a mother means we have the super power in multitasking. Imagine from feeding the baby/child to preparing meals for the whole family or changing diapers while carrying out a conversation on the phone. That is multitasking!
- Managerial Skills: From managing the household staff(s) to managing the children’ many activities. It took a managerial skills to maintain a peaceful home, an on-time schedule, albeit the exhaustion from a 24/7 on-call times.
- Time Management: We start a better time management right after our children was born! From what time do they eat to what time they should be sleeping. All prepared and thought of so we can manage our times better, thus be more productive.
- Negotiation Skills: We have mad negotiation skills especially when we have toddler(s) or (teenagers). We can bargain and negotiate with them to keep the peace in and around the home. When they’re on strike, you bet we’ll be there negotiating.
- Problem Solving: It is part of the most important requirement in motherhood. From putting up a complicated train tracks to finding the beloved lovey. There are always demands to solve problems efficiently at all/any times.
- Punctuality: From baby’s milestones to toddler total huge meltdown in a restaurant/grocery store. We are required to have the ability to quickly think outside the box to solve problems.
- Goal Oriented: From baby’s first solid meal to baby’s first steps, down to kid’s college savings. We’re always on the look out for long term goals and work hard to make sure they are on the right timetable.
- Super Power: We can still functions with little to no sleep with caffeine induced arteries, we are always on the go and making sure everything is taken care of.
See? We are amazing!
Do you have any other ‘qualifications’ to add to this? Why do you think companies should hire mothers?