My last post was quite of a downer isn’t?
Did you read it?
There are so many things that brighten my days, things that put smile on my face, and things that warmth my heart.
Sometimes it’s so much easier to dwell on the negativity, on the bad things but I don’t want to stay there too long. It’s exhausting, really and I’ve been there too long before.
Listing these things out and re-read it on days where the mood isn’t so great would comes in handy. So here are the 20 things I am so grateful for:
- For spontaneous “I love you, Mommy” with skinny little arms thrown around my neck and snuggles from my not so little boy. He’s growing up so fast and will start Elementary School in July so these magic moments are the ones I wish I could bottle up and saved up for days when he’s big and it’s not too cool anymore to hug and kiss his Mommy.
- For bedtime rituals of us talking, sometimes day dreaming about the future together. He loves lying down so close to me. He loves falling asleep holding me. Arms and legs tangled up to his mother. Early morning mean sneaking out of bed by carefully moving his leg over. I know this too will one day change so for now I shall cherish them.
- For “Good morning my lovely, M” and the fantastic variations of it that greeted me as I opened my eyes in the morning. So thankful for such a sweet genuine positive soul of his.
- For spirulina given by my man that boost my energy level up. Thank you, my love!!!
- For quiet time in the morning as I head to work, I am such a morning person that I’d rather get to work way earlier than everyone else. This is where sipping coffee feels like a luxury in the quiet office.
- For morning Skype, enough said.
- For crazy funny people I work with. If anything, this job has given me friends who are really awesome.
- For soothing green tea at 9 in the morning as I plow away with work stuffs.
- For little break here and there that allows me to write, to Pin inspiring things on Pinterest.
- For lunch break full of laughter and yes, sometimes sneaked in a little Skype session too.
- For afternoon pick-me upper coffee, gotta love that!
- For more Skype talk that usually starts between 3 – 3:30 PM that got me secretly giggling a lot. He makes me feel beautiful and never failed to let me know.
- For free rides close to home by one of my colleagues. This saved me times and money. So thankful for that.
- For him walking me home. It’s always feels nicer when we can do this before we said goodnight.
- For the heart warming “Mommy’s home!!!” shout followed by two arms throw around my waist.
- For the homework that drives me crazy sometimes. Oh joy, looking forward to Elementary homework not…but to see him focusing and actually figuring it out is rewarding.
- For time with family, for the health of my parents. We had been through so much in the past so their health is very very important for me. I am so thankful that my parents are willing to try the healthy smoothies I make, to eat better. It’s a journey for them too but one that I am so proud to be a part of.
- For friends that keep me sane, keep me laughing, keep me grounded every day. They are here, they are in the US. They are all over the place yet we are close, always.
- For bloggy friends, twitter buddies, facebook pals, instagram allies. So blessed to have met and connect with so many cool people.
- For the words that turn into these posts…for Scoops of Joy for being my media, my platform to share, to learn, to inspire, to one day take off into greatness.
How bout you what are you grateful for today?